[OpenAFS] Encryption in OpenAFS

KELEMEN Peter fuji@elte.hu
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:35:12 +0100

* Ted Anderson (ota@transarc.com) [20020221 09:14]:

Ted,

> This is interesting.  Your users don't trust the client to
> protect the data?  Or are you worried about the client's disks
> being exposed during service calls or sold after a hardware
> upgrade?

The machines are working in two-phase shifts: during the day they
are public access student workstations at the university (running
whatever W*ndows version), during the night they are members of a
Linux cluster.  Management is concerned about AFS cache contents
potentially exposed to unauthorized eyes during daytime (we have
international collaborators).  Current workaround is scheduled
shutdown before daytime shift starts that includes cache-wiping.

Peter

--
 Kelemen Péter     /       \       /       \       /      fuji@elte.hu