[OpenAFS] RAID, AFS and tokens

Triantafyllidis Petros trian@itc.auth.gr
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:26:20 +0200 (EET)

> >  After installing an Ultra-3 Antares RAID Controller and a hardware RAID
> > device on a E250 running Solaris 2.6 and AFS 3.6, we realised that ALL Windows
> > Clients (98/NT/2000) were unable to obtain tokens. On the contrary UNIX
> > and Linux clients noticed no difference.
>
> Out of curiosity, did you "drvconfig", "disks", "format", "newfs", and
> "mount" the array -- or just plug it in?  I assume that since it's a
> hardware RAID, you're not using Veritas, or one of the other software-RAID
> packages.

Yes, I did drvconfig,disks and format; all the disks from the RAID were
perfectly seen. I didn't "newfs" or "mount", but I don't think it wouldn't
be possible. Do you believe that newfs would change something?

> In any case, I can't see how it would be related to a problem obtaining
> tokens.  What specific error do you get on Windows?  Maybe it somehow
> affected your system time.

And how is explained then that Unix and Linux clients were unaffected?

--
Dr. TRIANTAFYLLIDIS PETROS     E-MAIL: trian@lemnos.geo.auth.gr
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^     http://lemnos.geo.auth.gr/~trian