[OpenAFS] Linux RAID

Rick Welch welch@great2go.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:20:44 -0500

Hello All,

Is anyone out there running openafs on a Linux software RAID partition?

System: Redhat 7.2 (2.4.7 kernel), single vice partition built from 5 120GB
drives software raid'ed built as an ext3 file system.

My 60 Gig test volume worked fine for a week or so but died this weekend.
Salvage reports 18,000 orphaned files and directories and the volumes looks
empty.

I thought the consensus on this list was that Linux ext3 file systems would
work ok but have been unable to find a searchable list archive or anything
about this in any FAQ's.

Any thoughts on where I screwed up? Should the partition be ext2?
Hardware RAID controller?

Thanks in advance!

-Rick