[OpenAFS] fetchmail / procmail / afs

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:30:42 -0600 (CST)

> > In my experience, I've found that having 1 mail server with inboxes in
> > /var/mail, and IMAP folders in ~/mail works best, especially in a PINE
> > environment.  That way, PAM-based IMAPd can access both your inbox and
> > IMAP folders.  Some of the rsh tricks for bypassing IMAP authentication
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by that - wouldnt mail then go to both folders?
> Also, I want to filter my mail pre-delivery, wouldn't I then need to do it
> on the central mail server ?

With IMAP, the "INBOX" folder is special, and can be in a different
location that the rest of the IMAP folders.

My response was aimed at configuring a mail server to work with AFS in a
large environment, where everyone was using AFS.  If you're just trying to
grab mail from a remote mail server, then I admit fetchmail is probably
what you want to use.

Incidentally, fetchmail didn't crash on me.

$ fetchmail --version
This is fetchmail release 5.1.0
SunOS ismene 5.8 Generic_108528-12 sun4u sparc

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy