[OpenAFS] buserver barfs on "localhost" installation

Ian D ian@assv.net
25 Feb 2002 00:00:13 +0100

I'm trying to set up an AFS server on my laptop, just to try it
out. When it comes to setting up the buserver, I get a bunch of the
following messages:

[root@barbarella afs]# bos create gurksallad.hemma.assv.net buserver
simple /usr/afs/bin/buserver
bos: a pioctl failed (getting tickets)
bos: running unauthenticated
/usr/afs/bin/buserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
/usr/afs/bin/buserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed

My machine's hostname is something different, but it's mapped to
127.0.0.1 in my /etc/hosts. "gurksallad.hemma.assv.net" is a
resolvable address, albeit on the loopback also. Adding this address
to /etc/hosts doesn't help. Running with the machine's hostname
doesn't work, neither localhost. Any ideas?

--
/Ian D
ian@assv.net