[OpenAFS] buserver barfs on "localhost" installation

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
24 Feb 2002 18:12:46 -0500

You cannot use localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the IP Address.
Ubik will drop the address.  Generally this error means
that the name resolves to a localhost address.

Remove your host's real name mapping to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts
and give it a real IP address.  Then try again.

-derek