[OpenAFS] admin password change

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:05:32 -0500

Thank you very much!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Derrick J Brashear" <shadow@dementia.org>
To: "openafs" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] admin password change

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Michael Aldrich wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is it possible to change the 'admin' password without knowing the
original password? The only other login in UserList does not have privileges
to change the admin password. Problem is, the person who set up our AFS
servers has since left the company, taking the admin password with him. I
tried to change it using steps provided at
http://www.transarc.ibm.com/Support/afs/admin/cellname.html, with no luck.
This server is running the Transarc version. I was able to change the admin
password using the OpenAFS version in a test environment....