[OpenAFS] RAID, AFS and tokens

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:39:11 -0800

Your Windows clients are probably using port 750 and your authentication
server probably does not listen on this port.  Usually the AFS
authentication servers (kaserver) listen on both port 88 and port 750.
But some of them may fail to do so.  For example, I know that AIX servers
have to change their /etc/services file to allow port 750 to be used by
kaserver.   You can check with your server admin to find out whether this
was the case.  Alternatively you can try yourself by changing the port
number from 750 to 88 for kerberos-iv in your
"WINNT\system32\drivers\services" file.  On Windows 9x, change the port
number for kerberos in your "Windows\services" file from 750 to 88.

Shyh-Wei Luan

A patch needed for the AIX /etc/services file.

<old
>new

< kerberos      88/tcp                          # Kerberos
< kerberos      88/udp                          # Kerberos
---
> kerberos5     88/tcp                          # Kerberos
> kerberos5     88/udp                          # Kerberos

< rfile         750/tcp
< loadav        750/udp
---

Petros Triantafyllidis <trian@itc.auth.gr> on 02/24/2002 11:52:57 PM