[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Nuno Miguel Neves nneves@di.fc.ul.pt
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:57:11 +0000

Sorry for taking so long, but I wasn't able to answer sooner.

Upgrading the old server to AFS 3.5 would be difficult (I don't have the software).

Is it possible to just

- stop all db server on OLD
- make backup copies of /usr/afs/db/*
- copy the backup to the NEW OAFS Server
- Start the new server.

to note that the NEW server will have the exact same IP Configuration than the OLD. Or are the format incompatible?

Thanks,