[OpenAFS] debian troubles

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:09:28 +0100

hi,

I'm trying to install openafs-dbserver and fileserver on a debian woody box.

I've folloved the transcript in /usr/doc, but I keep running into troubles
with afs-newcell, due to its pseudo-transactional structure. I find that the
script is very hard to restart once something has gone wrong, because there
is always something left over from a previous run which makes it halt and
delete a few things.

My question is; how do I completely lobotomize openafs, so that I can run
afs-newcell, without it complaining that the protection database is already
there, or not there etc.? Is nuking /var/lib/openafs enough? I've tried
doing apt-get remove --purge, but I have this feeling that something is left
somewhere.

Are the debian packages in woody considered stable, and are people using them
succesfully (when installed from scratch)?

Thanks in advance,
Jacob Gorm Hansen