[OpenAFS] Setting up root.afs on redhat 7.2

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:37:00 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Steven S Kroeger wrote:

> I'm trying to setup an openafs server on a redhat 7.2 machine. I used
> the rpms on the openafs website and up to the point of creating root.afs
> I haven't had any problems. However when I issue the command...
>

> ./vos create linuxserver.utopia.com /vicepa root.afs -cell utopia.com
> -noauth
>
> it says the partition doesn't exist.
>
> "vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server"
>
> I have /dev/hda5 mounted as /vicepa and can see it when I cat /etc/mtab
> or use df.
>
> I'm new to afs so I'm not sure what I missed.

did you (re)start the "fs" bnode after creating /vicepa, so the volserver
notices it?

vos partinfo linuxserver.utopia.com -noauth
should list /vicepa. if it does not, there you are...

-D