[OpenAFS] debian troubles

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:09:37 +0100

I finally (after lots of trying) got through, by putting ||true after all the
run()'s in afs-newcell, remming out the check for prdb files, disabling the
unwind feature, and remming out the client startup, since the client cannot be
stopped again without crashing the kernel (at least not when things have gone
wrong).

It turned out my main problem today was that the server/Keyfile generated
yesterday was somehow no longer working, does it have to be brand new? I had to
create the afs principal, ktadd, asetkey anew for things to work. Nothing in
the logs suggested this might be the problem, luckily google did.

The basic problem with the afs-newcell script is that it does not like being
started when things are partially done, and that cleaning everything up to
start over is hard for a newbie. The unwind() thingy is a good idea, but to me
caused more troubled that it helped.

Best,
Jacob