[OpenAFS] Automated backups

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
28 Feb 2002 09:26:07 +0100

cg@cdegroot.com (Cees de Groot) writes:

> I'm mentioning it because I recall having -localauth problems with it. But it
> could be that I'm just making it too hard for myself, I'll make sure that I
> try this for good measure :-)

Well, using OpenAFS, I have a tape hooked to the back of my server and
-localauth works for both butc and backup.

> butc is indeed a problem as well. It seems to need a lot of rights as well,
> and doesn't undesrtand -localauth.

Then this seem to be a difference. My concern is more about the
possibility of interactions with butc. In practice it shouldn't occur,
but in theory, it could.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung