[OpenAFS] 2 Nics

Thomas Heun thomas@theun.de
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:06:42 +0100

Hi all,

I had some problems installing openafs on a machine with 2 network cards
runnning Linux Suse 7.3. The 2nd card is used to provide a backbone to
another server.

Well I found, that AFS was always using the wrong address and name, even
so I told it otherwise in the installation.

After installation without the second card being activated, all was
running fine, except the Afs time service. It tried again to use the
wrong ip address

Well then, in the end I gave up and added another entry in the router,
which redirects all "wrong" requests to another router, which is the afs
machine first ip address.

I assume, that 2 Nics, which normally identifies a machine as a router
is very rare. Well than, I had some trouble caused by this.

The only question I have: Why do I have do "edit" the configuration
file, which says, what is my first AFS machine Name, if the software is
not using it?

-Thomas

Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.