[OpenAFS] Afs Client for Windows

Thomas Heun thomas@theun.de
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:10:43 +0100

Hi all,

as a nearly newbie to AFS (well I worked with AFS 5 years ago),
installation on Linux with two clients worked pretty well.

But I can not get the windows client to run, using win2k.
I am not using the kerberos service, instead using afs authentication. I
get tokens on win2k, but can not access any mapped drive. All the other
tools (Server Manager, Account Manager) are working fine.

I do not know, if this has anything to do with the AFS Client
Configuration -> Preferences: Show File Server Preferences has an entry
to 192.168.0.1, which I am not able to delete. I set my server to an
lower rank, but in the end this entry causes some Internet queries,
cause I am runnning a 172... net.

Any ideas or hints?
Thanks
Thomas Heun
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.