[OpenAFS] OpenAFS hangs Finder on MacOS X 10.1 when AFS server vanishes?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Jan 2002 18:06:39 -0500

One server in your home cell going away should not hang your
system.  Since you commented out your cell, one could only
assume you meant a random (non-local) cell that lost a server.

You are correct that a server going away in your own cell
should not cause the machine to hang for more than a minute
or so.

-derek