[OpenAFS] kaserver

David J. M. Karlsen david@davidkarlsen.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:42:26 +0100

trying a server setup - but I must admit this is hard!

so to simple things - I thought I would drop the kerberos stuff - and
user AFSs own authentication server.
using binary packages from the openafs site and debian
the client stuff works OK.
I'm a little unsure if I've got it all in place.

I installed the openafs-kpasswd package - this should be "equvalent" to
Kerberos right?

so - reading the IBM manuals - and they refer to they refer to a
kaserver - which I don't have. kas is there - but it has no server to
talk to.

also - the pammodules are not installed - and I can't find them
anyewhere. I see the sourcefiles are under the modules directory - but
this should only provide openafs.o - the module for my kernel ??? seems
like there is a lot of other stuff in this dir as well? am I missing
something with this package? Alle the readme's I've been reading only
tells me to make my kernel , unpack the module and run a make-kpkg
modules_image (which works fine). ???

can anybody point me out in the right direction - If I get this to work
I'll promise to wright a thorough HOWTO.