[OpenAFS] kaserver

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:01:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, David J. M. Karlsen wrote:

> >for you. If you do this, the openafs scripts should then set up the rest
> >of a server for you.
> >
> OK - I'll go for heimdal instead then - I just thought it would be
> easier to get going with one problem at a time.

Given that...

> >I can't comment on why the pam modules aren't packaged but if you install
> >a kerberos 5 server, you'd be using other modules anyway.
> >
> Which ones?

I don't have a debian system, so I don't know what's available.

> I thought it would use pam_afs.krb ?

If you use MIT Kerberos 5, both OpenAFS modules aren't useful. The .krb
module gets Kerberos tickets from a kaserver. As it happens the Heimdal
KDC includes a "kaserver compatibility interface" which would let you use
the OpenAFS PAM modules anyhow.

-D