[OpenAFS] kaserver

David J. M. Karlsen david+afsinfo@davidkarlsen.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:24:02 +0100

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>>>for you. If you do this, the openafs scripts should then set up the rest
>>>of a server for you.
>>>
>>OK - I'll go for heimdal instead then - I just thought it would be
>>easier to get going with one problem at a time.
>>

>Given that...

given that I'm new both to kerberos and afs. So I thought it would be
easier to get going with AFS first - and then kerberos afterwords.

>>>I can't comment on why the pam modules aren't packaged but if you install
>>>a kerberos 5 server, you'd be using other modules anyway.
>>>
>>Which ones?
>>

>I don't have a debian system, so I don't know what's available.

see away from the debian stuff - what are the name of the modules pam*so
that support afs authentication?

>>I thought it would use pam_afs.krb ?
>>

>If you use MIT Kerberos 5, both OpenAFS modules aren't useful. The .krb
>module gets Kerberos tickets from a kaserver. As it happens the Heimdal
>KDC includes a "kaserver compatibility interface" which would let you use
>the OpenAFS PAM modules anyhow.

OK. So if I want to use openafs+heimdal authentication. What modules
would I use for a minimal setup (again - don't think about debian - just
the filenames/pam_what_names_here.so).

Thanx for all help thus far