[OpenAFS] Authentication

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Jan 2002 12:00:20 -0500

"David J. M. Karlsen" <david.karlsen@bdc.no> writes:

> Do I really need the full kerberos setup? What does openafs-kpasswd
> provide? Couldn't I just use it?

Yes, you need a full kerberos setup.  If you are setting up a new
AFS Cell there is no reason in the world to use KAServer instead
of KRB5.  The openafs-kpasswd package proviled the KAServer kpasswd
for sites that already use KAServer, so no, that wouldn't help you
here.

> What kind of configuration will I have to do afterwords?

You will need to configure your KDC, configure your AFS key, and
then add principals to the KDC and the AFS PTServer.  The AFS
scripts should walk you through most of this.

-derek