[OpenAFS] Authentication

David J. M. Karlsen david+afsinfo@davidkarlsen.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:27:27 +0100

Derek Atkins wrote:

>>Do I really need the full kerberos setup? What does openafs-kpasswd
>>provide? Couldn't I just use it?
>>

>Yes, you need a full kerberos setup.  If you are setting up a new
>AFS Cell there is no reason in the world to use KAServer instead
>of KRB5.  The openafs-kpasswd package proviled the KAServer kpasswd
>for sites that already use KAServer, so no, that wouldn't help you
>here.

OK - I realize that now :) Just a pitty I dind't do that hours ago :)

>>What kind of configuration will I have to do afterwords?
>>

>You will need to configure your KDC, configure your AFS key, and
>then add principals to the KDC and the AFS PTServer.  The AFS
>scripts should walk you through most of this.

Hmm, they require me to set up all this first. I can get the kerberos
stuff up - but I'll need some more modules to map the authentication
over to AFS, right? So I'm wondering which modules will do this?
(filenames - not package names).

Maybe you have some configfiles you could provide us with?

Thanks for all help