[OpenAFS] Authentication

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Jan 2002 12:48:43 -0500

"David J. M. Karlsen" <david@davidkarlsen.com> writes:

> >You will need to configure your KDC, configure your AFS key, and
> >then add principals to the KDC and the AFS PTServer.  The AFS
> >scripts should walk you through most of this.
> >
> Hmm, they require me to set up all this first. I can get the kerberos
> stuff up - but I'll need some more modules to map the authentication
> over to AFS, right? So I'm wondering which modules will do this?
> (filenames - not package names).

No, not particularly -- AFS uses Kerberos authentication.  So, you'll
need to be running Kerberos, and krb524d, but that's it.  The Debian
openafs packages (openafs-krb5?) should give you aklog, which will
give you an AFS token from a Kerberos TGT.  Or you can use the PAM
modules that will do it for you (I don't remember offhand what Sam
packages).

> Maybe you have some configfiles you could provide us with?

I don't use Debian, personally.  Sorry.  Nothing to give you.

> Thanks for all help

-derek