[OpenAFS] intermediate file updates

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
10 Jan 2002 11:10:04 -0500

Then syncing files is not an option, I'm afraid.  AFS is currently
write-on-close().  I think it would take a lot of work to change
that behavior.  If nothing else, your applications would have
to be changed to cause "the right thing" to happen.

The reason it works with NFS is that NFS has no client-side caching.
With AFS, clients write to their local cache and only flush out to
the server at close().

-derek