[OpenAFS] intermediate file updates

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:14:31 -0600

One option - if the programs are truly having output "redirected to files",
you might consider providing a simple wrapper that does:

my_grid_job | job_logger filename

job_logger:

	open specified output file
	while (!eof)
		read some lines
		write some lines
		fflush

(now, I didn't think fflush was sufficient, I thought files only got written
on close.) If that's the case, you could also:

		every so often
			close and reopen file in append mode

It's not idea, but it does get you what you need without modifying programs.

-- Nathan