[OpenAFS] kaserver

David J. M. Karlsen david+afsinfo@davidkarlsen.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:45:42 +0100

--------------090108080209070701020801

Graham Freeman wrote:

>On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 15:42, David J. M. Karlsen wrote:
>
>>trying a server setup - but I must admit this is hard!
>>
>>so to simple things - I thought I would drop the kerberos stuff - and
>>user AFSs own authentication server.
>>

>FWIW, I found it easier to setup the separate MIT Kerberos 5 server.
>AFS wasn't much harder, but it was harder.

True3 - but as explained earlier - the two don't work very well
together, and when searching for errors it's best to isolate the systems.
Got an answer from Sam that explained it all - which is also forwarded
to the list.

The solution is to drop heimdal - and use MIT instead.

--
David J. M. Karlsen
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

--------------090108080209070701020801

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Graham Freeman wrote:<br>
True3 - but as explained earlier - the two don't work very well together,
and when searching for errors it's best to isolate the systems.<br>
Got an answer from Sam that explained it all - which is also forwarded to
the list. <br>
The solution is to drop heimdal - and use MIT instead.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
David J. M. Karlsen
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.davidkarlsen.com">http://www.davidkarlsen.com</a>
+47 90 68 22 43</pre>

--------------090108080209070701020801--