[OpenAFS] can not attach to a read only volume

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
14 Jan 2002 10:00:24 +0100

"T. Matthew Cocker" <matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz> writes:

> Hi Derek
>
> I tried to vos zap the volume but no luck (see output below). I also
> tried to force the vos zap no luck either. Interesting there is no
> entries for the volume in the vldb.

I once was in a similar situation. Things were messed up enough so
that no regular volume handling commands worked. Though I could not
salvage, delete, zap, dump and restore or anything these volumes, but
I could rename them and create another volume with the old name.

After that, I manually deleted the corresponding .vol-files from the
fileservers unix file system. You should not do that in regular
operation, but if nothing else helps...

Hth, yours
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung