[OpenAFS] can not attach to a read only volume

T. Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:51:14 +1300

Hi

Thanks very much. Running a full partition salvage deleted the offending
.vol file fixinf that problem. However it turned up 391 other volumes with
the problems. Luckily they were as yet unused and vos zap could remove them
so i could simply get rid of the problem. Unfortunately there were still
problems with the server that crashed which was affecting the cell (vos
release and vos syncvldb were very unhappy). In the end I moved all the
volumes of the server and shut it down and the rest of the cell is happy again.

Now that that server is down I want to upgrade it to openafs1.2.2/3 with
non-transarc paths. If I do this can I just rejoin it to the older 1.0.4
transarc path cell, migrate all volumes and then upgrade the rest of the
servers or can I just upgrade them with out the migration?

Cheers,

Matt