[OpenAFS] stopping AFS problem

Stephen J. Lawrence Jr. slawrence@ucdavis.edu
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:40:12 -0800

I have this problem as well. I am configuring a computer for a remote
lab, so I do not have proper network connectivity for the machine's
original network so I am booting without a network attached. AFS
eventually times out during startup. But then when I try to either
reboot, or stop the AFS processes, the kernel panics or something, and I
have to reset the machine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I don't think there should be
this type of system failure from a third party process, it kills the
entire server!

RedHat Linux 7.2
Kernel 2.4.9-13
AFS 1.2.2-rh7.2.1