[OpenAFS] Questions about AFS security

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:34:55 -0800

> Also, I am still a tad confused on the Windows story.  I thought that
> the current OpenAFS Windows distribution installs a v4 klog, and hooks
> it in to the Windows logon process.  Is this not the case?

It works this way when you turned on the Integrated Logon feature in the
AFS authentication client (see under the "Advance" tab, select "Configure
AFS Client" and "Obtain AFS tokens when logging into Windows").  When you
turned off integrated logon, you can the AFS tokens in two ways.  In
Kerberos 4/kaserver environment, one can use the AFS authentication client
or the klog command line.  In Kerberos 5 environment, I believe users use
"aklog.exe", which is not a part of the AFS Windows client distribution.
Charles Clancy or someone else on the list must know where to get this
program.

Shyh-Wei Luan