[OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Jan 2002 22:14:49 -0500

Mike Lee <mike.li@bamboonetworks.com> writes:

> Because of I run configure --prefix=/usr/afs
> I found the bosserver create two symbol link
> /usr/afs/etc/openafs/ThisCell -->/usr/afs/etc/openafs/server/ThisCell
> /usr/afs/etc/openafs/CellServDB-->/usr/afs/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB

These symlinks may not work as a normal user, because bos will
restrict the permissions on /usr/afs/etc/openafs/server.  But
let's ignore that for now.

> in my ThisCell:
> bamboo.com
>
> CellservDB:
> >bamboo.com #cell name
> 192.168.2.151 #afssvr.bamboo.net

The host named "afssvr.bamboo.net" does not seem to exist in the DNS.
How is the AFS client supposed to find this host?

> now I only have one afs server (and I also want it to run as client)
> and my client config file in /usr/afs/etc/openafs
> my cacheinfo file also in /usr/afs/etc/openafs

Understood.  Can you show the contents of the cacheinfo file?

-derek