[OpenAFS] Hello

Hongliang Gai hgai@ecs.syr.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:54:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi Derek,
One question regarding to AFS-modified login utility. I read the document
and got confused.
"The AFS distribution includes library files that enable each system
types login utility to authenticate users with AFS and log them into the
local file system in one step. If you do not configure an AFS-modified
login utility on a client machine, its users must issue the klog command
to authenticate with AFS after logging in."

Does this sentence refer to the step which was performed during
installation of client?
  # cd /lib/security
  # cp /cdrom/i386_linux22/lib/pam_afs.so.1 .
  # ln -s pam_afs.so.1 pam_afs.so
and modified (/etc/pam.d/login) as:
  #%PAM-1.0
  auth required /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
  auth required /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
  auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root
  auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
  account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
  password required /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
  password required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
  session required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

My question is if I performed the above steps during installation, AFS
users will be able to login AFS in one step instead of two step with klog?

Thanks in advance!

-Hongliang