[OpenAFS] What to put inside MODULE_LICENSE?

Andrei Maslennikov Andrei Maslennikov <andrei@caspur.it>
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:23:51 +0000 ( )

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> We're "proprietary". I have opinions about it but based on their current
> scheme it is true. Apparently this could be circumvented by having OpenAFS
> included in the kernel (which at this point is premature, IMHO). I'm not
> interested in having a useless flame war with them about it but my opinion
> is the people behind this live in the world of "could" (our module "could"
> be distributed by someone who who made changes and did not share them) and
> I live in the world of "is" (No one is)

  I agree that OAFS is in this sense "Proprietary". But the source that is
  coming from openafs.org is truly shared. So maybe it could still be
  possible to get a special permission from ac to put "GPL" in this
  particular case. Maybe accompanied with a detailed MODULE_DESCRIPTION
  pointing to the openafs.org. In this way we still could get some kernel
  debug from these guys, one day.

  A.

Andrei Maslennikov                                  phone : +39   06 4463354
CASPUR Inter-Univ. Computing Consortium and INFN    cell  : +39  335 6214776
c/o Universita' "La Sapienza", 00185 Rome, Italy    fax   : +39   06 4957083