[OpenAFS] OpenAfs Linux NetAtalk Pam

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:25:44 +0200

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 07:57:39AM +0200, Basil DUVAL wrote:

> Has anyone out there managed to get netatalk up on a linux system and make
> the afs login (using pam) create tehe right token for file access. I have managed
> to compile the whole thing but I have to create the token via a  remote
> access (a terminal etc.) in order to make it work.... I think SAMBA poses
> no problem and I can always think of using the new Winxx/AFS client instead
> for our windows people....

If netatalk uses PAM correctly, the following additions to
/etc/pam.d/netatalk _should_ enable AFS authentication:

auth     sufficient     /lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so.1  ignore_root try_first_pass
account  required       /lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so.1  ignore_root
password sufficient     /lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so.1  ignore_root try_first_pass

At least, that is what I use for Samba.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/