[OpenAFS] Compiling afs

Andreas Buechler abuechle@fhzh.ch
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:39:18 +0200

Hello

I am trying to compile openafs 1.2.5 for our alpha machine. We have
Digital Personal Workstation 500au that is running RedHat Linux 7.2.
As I start ./confiure I get following error message:
checking your OS... configure: error: No usable linux headers found at
/usr/src/linux-2.4.9-32/include/linux

One hint from a newsgroup was to

make menuconfig
make dep

what didnt have any impact.

Did anyone have the same problem? Is there a known solution for this?
I'm also not sure if it has something to do with openafs. Althought it
seems a bit strange to me that ./configure is complaining about unusable
header files because all the header files are_really in
/usr/src/linux-2.4.9-32/include/linux

Andi