[OpenAFS] pam_afs problem

Nathan Davis davisn@mailandnews.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:13:19 -0500

Greetings,

I am having problems with pam_afs on my Redhat 7.1 box.  Openafs version
is 1.2.5.  I have added pam_afs to my system-auth file, but whenever I
login I get a "pam_afs: AFS Authentication failed for user xxx. password
was incorrect" message in /var/log/messages.  Authentication (with the
same password, of course)  with klog after the login works great.  My
goal is to consolidate all "home" directorics scattered about my home
network into afs, so being able to obtain tokens at login is for more
than just pure convenience.  Any ideas what might be happening?  I'll be
happy to provide any additional information that might be helpful.

Thanks,

--Nathan Davis