[OpenAFS] AFS Users

Jack Britton jack.britton@britton-consulting.com
14 Jul 2002 13:37:37 -0500

--=-ge0sUsiNS8svvRVCYWpz

I have installed AFS from the latest RH 7.3 binaries on a server and a
laptop client.  I need user help.  I am having difficulty getting users
set up so that I can access the filesystem.  My laptop is mount
/afs/cellname.  I can list it but nothing else.  I am trying to follow
the documentation but it is not very straight forward.   I need to
create a regular user with rw access to some volumes on the server.  I
have tried to follow the documentation but beyond the quickstart guides
it gets a bit confusing.

--=-ge0sUsiNS8svvRVCYWpz

<HTML>
<HEAD>
  <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/1.0.4.99">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<BR>
I have installed AFS from the latest RH 7.3 binaries on a server and a laptop client.&nbsp; I need user help.&nbsp; I am having difficulty getting users set up so that I can access the filesystem.&nbsp; My laptop is mount /afs/cellname.&nbsp; I can list it but nothing else.&nbsp; I am trying to follow the documentation but it is not very straight forward.&nbsp;&nbsp; I need to create a regular user with rw access to some volumes on the server.&nbsp; I have tried to follow the documentation but beyond the quickstart guides it gets a bit confusing.&nbsp;
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-ge0sUsiNS8svvRVCYWpz--