[OpenAFS] fileserver change

Jinwei Shen shenjw@wam.umd.edu
16 Jul 2002 11:03:48 -0400

This solved the problem. Thanks!

However, I am confused after reading the documentation of "fs
newcell". Since the problem happened after I updated my CellServDB
file, and rebooted my machine, should the kernel-resident list of
server has already been updated?

----doc of fs newcell------
The fs newcell command removes the Cache Manager's kernel-resident
list of database server machines for the cell specified by the -name
argument and replaces it with the database server machines named by
the -servers argument.

Each time the machine reboots, the Cache Manager constructs the kernel
list of cells and database server machines by reading the local
/usr/vice/etc/CellServDB file. This command does not change the
CellServDB file, so any changes made with it persist only until the
next reboot, unless the issuer also edits CellServDB. The output of
the fs listcells command reflects changes made with this command,
because it consults the kernel-resident list rather than the
CellServDB file.

--
Jinwei

Neulinger> You need to run 'fs newcell' with the new ip addressess.
Neulinger> -- Nathan

Neulinger> Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul@umr.edu
Neulinger> University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-4841
Neulinger> Computing Services                       Fax: (573) 341-4216