[OpenAFS] Cleaning the VLDB

Michael Robokoff mrobo@ahpcrc.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:39:10 -0500

--------------080601080609020401090403

Yep! I found that out. One of my servers is new and only had a test volume
on it so I removed the test volume and the deleted the entry in the vldb.
I then recreated the the test volume and then looked at the list in the
vldb.
and to my surprise the server now showed up in the middle of the list. So I
was able to clean up the vldb by removing the old entries but I can not
order
the list so I will have to use a sort in my scripts.

Thanks for the help.

--Mike

Hartmut Reuter wrote:

>You cannot delete fileservers which still have volumes in the VLDB. the
>vlserver prevents you from doing so.
>
>Hartmut
>

>Michael Robokoff wrote:
>
>>Another question;
>>If I delete and active file server will that server automatically be
>>re-added
>>to the VLDB? If so I could use this to correct the order of servers in
>>the list.
>>
>>Thanks for the help.
>>
>>--Mike

--------------080601080609020401090403

<head>
</head>
Yep! I found that out. One of my servers is new and only had a test volume<br>
on it so I removed the test volume and the deleted the entry in the vldb.<br>
I then recreated the the test volume and then looked at the list in the vldb.<br>
and to my surprise the server now showed up in the middle of the list. So
I <br>
was able to clean up the vldb by removing the old entries but I can not order
the list so I will have to use a sort in my scripts.<br>
Thanks for the help.<br>
--Mike<br>
Hartmut Reuter wrote:<br>
          <pre wrap=""><!----><br></pre>