[OpenAFS] Cannot create users with kas

petr.danecek@centrum.cz petr.danecek@centrum.cz
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:19:06 +0200

> Find out what ThisCell is (presumably /etc/openafs/ThisCell)
> Look for it in CellServDB (presumably /etc/openafs/CellServDB)

I checked the files already. They contain:

# cat /usr/local/etc/openafs/ThisCell
ARCHIV.UCL.CAS.CZ

# cat /usr/local/etc/openafs/CellServDB
>ARCHIV.UCL.CAS.CZ
#Cell name
147.231.80.125    #archiv

> does it have more than one server listed? are they all (or at
least a
> majority) up?

Actually, I am trying to install this machine as the first one.
udebug shows:

# udebug archiv.ucl.cas.cz 7004
Host's addresses are: 147.231.80.125
Host's 147.231.80.125 time is Fri Jul 19 09:08:47 2002
Local time is Fri Jul 19 09:08:48 2002 (time differential 1 secs)
Last yes vote not cast yet
Local db version is 1.1
I am sync site forever (0 server)
Recovery state 0
Sync site's db version is 0.0
0 locked pages, 0 of them for write

I have no idea what should I try next. Some user in one of the
threads on this
list solved the  same problem by stopping the kaserver, running it
manualy,
adding the users and restarting the servers, but that did not work
for me.
(Actually, I did not expect to get it working this way anyway - I
believe
this is not a MS Win mailing list, where restarting may be an issue!)

Thanks,
 pd

16. - 18. 8. Demoparty
DEMOS / INTROS / MUSIC / WEB ART / http://syndeecate.centrum.cz