[OpenAFS] afs for /

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs@qis-systemhaus.de
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:54:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use afs for the root directory? I see some problem with
No.

> We will boot all clients from the net and we would set up a NFS server
> for / and afs should provide /usr, /home,... So the NFS server isn't
> really necessary. But could we use afs for this?
AFS not, but if the clients are Linux, they could netboot a combined
kernel/ramdisk image, where the ramdisk should have anything needed to set
up and mount AFS. Don't know if this will work with other client OS's,
though.

HTH...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)241 413 2640