[OpenAFS] Adding a partition on a running AFS system (can't reboot or restart FS server)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
24 Jul 2002 10:57:59 +0200

    Derrick> On 23 Jul 2002, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
    >> I have everything on one machine, papadoc. It's the main (and
    >> only) AFS server, /afs is mounted and in use (by users).
    >>
    >> Can't restart the AFS client, but how do I add my new /vicepc
    >> partition (so that I can start creating volumes on it)?

    Derrick> Restart the fileserver.

Doh! 'restart just one service process'. Dang, and I have done that
once before - the buserver.

Thanx. Now I'll go back and be ashamed a little while ('till next time :).
--
Khaddafi Rule Psix kibo Kennedy Marxist ammonium colonel plutonium
fissionable terrorist Noriega counter-intelligence Uzi World Trade