[OpenAFS] Suggestions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
24 Jul 2002 15:18:05 -0400

It's very hard to share files off of local disks.  You certainly
cannot do so securely.  Yes, you can distribute files off of local
disks, but that is not the same thing.  Similarly, backups out
of AFS are better and easier than backups off of local disk.

Admittedly the CoW bug is horrendous, and needs to be squashed.
Question for developers: what happens if you single-thread the
fileserver (including lwp)?  Sure, performance will go to zero,
but could we then slowly thread the thing to track down the CoW
bug?

-derek