[OpenAFS] Suggestions

Mike Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:23:25 -0400

Hi,
We have been using AFS for a couple of years now. We have two different=20
networks (for internal & external customers), both of which I set up=20
initially with TransArc, then upgraded to OpenAFS. In my opinion, AFS is =
the=20
best shared filesystem. My ideas on AFS are not similar to my supervisors=
 in=20
any way. They believe storing files on local machines is a better=20
alternative. This was suggested after we experienced an outage caused by =
the=20
CoW bug on Linux. What I am looking for, is an argument for my superiors.=
=20
Would someone mind pointing me in the direction for this type of document=
?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike