[OpenAFS] Openafs 1.2.5/Linux 2.4.18 problem (dd bs>1500kb)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Jul 2002 10:11:52 -0400

"Valentin v. Seggern" <vvs@germanistik.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Some errors in cache flushing?

Could be.  When I got memcache "working" on 2.4, the only thing I
tested was file reads, not file writes (mostly because this was for an
installer).  It's quite possible that there is a "leak" in file writes
such that the cache is not flushed properly.  Unfortunately I don't
have time to test this theory at the moment.

If you really need an in-memory cache, may I recommend using a ramdisk
with an ext2 FS and an AFS "disk cache"?  It will certainly use the
disk space much more efficiently than the memcache, and then you're at
least using the (well-tested) AFS disk-cache code.

> Thanks,
> Valentin

-derek