[OpenAFS] token oddities under Linux

Marc Schmitt schmitt@inf.ethz.ch
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:55:27 +0200

Hi all,

I have the following scenario:

Machine A (SunOS 5.8, OpenAFS 1.2.3)
Machine B (RedHat 7.3, OpenAFS 1.2.5-rh7.3.1)
Machine C (RedHat 7.1)

In sequence:
I ssh from C to A as root (shell 1) and create a token for user foo.
I ssh from C to A again as root (shell 2), `tokens` returns an empty list.
I ssh from C to B as root (shell 3) and create a token for user foo.
I ssh from C to B again as root (shell 4), `tokens` returns the token of
foo!
I do an `unlog` in shell 4, `tokens` in shell 3 returns an empty list now.

Worse:
I ssh from C to A as foo and create a token for foo.
I ssh from C to A as root and issue `su - foo`, `tokens` returns an
empty list.
I ssh from C to B as foo and create a token for foo.
I ssh from C to B as root and issue `su - foo`, `tokens` returns the
token of foo!

Why is the behavior under Linux diffrent from SunOS? And isn`t the
behavior under Linux exactly NOT the way it should be?

Thanks for a clarification.

Regards,
	Marc