[OpenAFS] admin without ADMIN

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:01:44 +0200

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:58:06AM +0200, Othmar Wigger wrote:

> # klog admin
> # pts createuser newuser <uid>
> # kas create newuser -admin admin
> Creating user newuser  : [ka] caller not authorized
>
> Indeed my admin user is lacking the ADMIN flag:

[...]

> # kas setfields admin =ADMIN -admin admin
> Administrator's (admin) Password:
> kas:setfields: caller not authorized calling KAM_SetFields for admin.
>
> As it seems, admin cannot give itself ADMIN because it has no ADMIN.
> It's a chicken-and-egg problem. Any ideas?

Shutdown the bosserver (with appropiate kill command), then run the
kaserver with -noauth (or the bosserver with -noauth). You should then
be able to set the admin flag using kas -noauth.

HTH! Tino.

PS: But make sure to unplug your network connection before running
kaserver -noauth...

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/