[OpenAFS] Partial replication

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
02 Jun 2002 10:37:52 +0200

I'm building two replacement machine for my site. They'll take over
the job of being LDAP/Kerberos servers, so I don't have those services
on my (only) primary machine...

Unfortunately I don't have enough disk to replicate my WHOLE AFS space
to these machines. I was thinking that I could just replicate the
root.* volumes and the 'user database'...

The idea was that I could get the main AFS system up and running from
these machines if the main AFS system crashes (for some reason).

Since I'm doing backups every day, it should then be possible to put
the backups back on disk...

Is there anything else that I could do to ease the 'restoration' in case
of a crash?
--
Peking North Korea Ortega Soviet Albanian South Africa explosion
Kennedy fissionable Delta Force Khaddafi NORAD [Hello to all my fans