[OpenAFS] error message on kernel-module load

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:09:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Matthew Cocker wrote:

> When I try to load a newly compiled kernel module I get this message
>
> [root@dhcp src]# insmod MODLOAD-2.4.18-3-MP/libafs-2.4.18-3.mp.o
> Warning: loading MODLOAD-2.4.18-3-MP/libafs-2.4.18-3.mp.o will taint the
> kernel: no license
>

> but everything seems to work OK. Is there a GPL/GNU licence tag missing

yup. since OpenAFS isn't GPL, we deliberately missed the tag. no real
effect other than useless bitching from insmod/modprobe and dumb looks if
you send an oops to linux-kernel (possibly even if it's not an OpenAFS
problem).