[OpenAFS] Attacks against AFS lead to crashing machines

Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:15:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi -

I believe that the changes that we implemented in our patch 4 build
were also made to the OpenAFS code base.  Many, if not all, of  the
changes were recommened by an OpenAFS developer from MIT.

As for this problem being in the latest patch for AFS 3.4a, it might
be there.

But since I have not seen a system dump, a fileserver core file,  or
an explanation of the problem,  I can't even be sure that this is already
addressed.

I was just pointing out that we did address 3 or 4 holes within rx
that could be attacked.

Thanks

Todd