[OpenAFS] AFS && Apache

David R Boldt dboldt@usgs.gov
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:27:52 -0400

--=_alternative 006AEC9585256BD0_=

I don't know if this is true of versions of Apache more recent than 1.3.9,
but that apache daemon acts if it is examining the UNIX permission bits
rather
using system calls to determine whether or not it has access to a
file/directory.

With apache and AFS I have to make sure that both AFS access AND Unix
permissions (as if AFS were not in use) allow access to htdocs and CGI
areas.

                                          -- David Boldt
                                             <dboldt@usgs.gov>

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com>